Graduate / Roading Engineer (12 month Maternity Cover)
The Stratford District Council has an exciting opportunity for a Graduate / Roading Engineer to join our knowledgeable and experienced Roading team to assist in the management of the roading infrastructure to provide a safe and efficient transport network in the Stratford District.
This position will give the successful candidate a chance to gain experience working in our diverse road network with terrain extending from Mt Taranaki, through the urban area to the Eastern Hill Country.
This 12 month maternity cover will include the:
- Collection, storage, analysis, maintenance and management of data for robust decision making
- Process and monitor Traffic Management Plans (TMP) and Corridor Access Requests (CAR)
- Completion of roading project inspections
- Assessment and review of contractor's programmes, reports and claims
- Undertaking of continual audits on programmed work
- General contract management
The successful candidate will have a relevant tertiary civil engineering qualification, experience with RAMM and AutoCAD and an understanding and commitment to asset, contract and project management. It is essential that the successful candidate be able to work well in a team environment in addition to being able to undertake tasks on their own. Strong organisational, project and time management skills are crucial for this role. Local government knowledge is desirable but not essential.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
An Individual Employment Agreement will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Applications close 4.30pm Friday 25 October 2019.