Information Management Specialist
As a result of a restructure, Stratford District Council is seeking an Information Management Specialist to ensure that Council has an effective retention and disposal system and that information is easily accessible by the public and Council staff while adhering to the relevant legislations and standards.
This position involves:
- Researching and retrieving information for the staff and general public.
- Retention and disposal of records in accordance with legislation.
- Safeguarding and protection of physical records.
- Administration of Council's electronic document management system.
- Development of Information Management Policies and Procedures, and training delivery.
The successful applicant will have qualifications in archives or record management, will be proficient with Microsoft Office products, experience in record keeping systems, the ability to work unsupervised and the ability to train new and existing staff in the electronic management systems and record procedures. A high attention to detail, excellent communication skills and an ability to analyse and organise data is a must. Previous Local Government experience is desirable but not essential.
An Individual Employment Agreement will be negotiated with the successful applicant. A Curriculum Vitae and completed Application should be submitted via the Council's website www.stratford.govt.nz and received no later than 4.30pm Friday 4th January 2019.
Stratford District Council is an Equal Employment Opportunities Employer